Breezy -> Dapper - adept wants to remove 295 packages

John L Fjellstad john-ubuntu at fjellstad.org
Fri May 5 04:42:23 UTC 2006

"Howard Coles Jr." <dhcolesj at gmail.com> writes:

> updater, or synaptic to upgrade the packages.  I don't like aptitude
> because its interface is kludgy to me.  However, coming from a Debian
> background I

Isn't the interface to aptitude the same as apt-get?

apt-get update
aptitude update

apt-get upgrade
aptitude upgrade

apt-get install <package>
aptitude install <package>

One cool thing I just discovered in aptitude that isn't in apt-get (I
think), is the ability to read the changelog before you upgrade the
package
aptitude changelog <package>

Now, I would agree with you with the graphical interface part of
aptitude. But at least it's not dselect :)

--
John L. Fjellstad