Breezy -> Dapper - adept wants to remove 295 packages

Scott listboi at angrykeyboarder.com
Wed May 3 00:52:10 UTC 2006

On 05/02/2006 09:44 AM, Art Alexion spake thusly:

> Is this also true with aptitude?  With regular update/upgrade?  I have tried
> aptitude a few times (I have been using apt-get exclusively; synaptic for
> searching), and when it told me all it wanted to remove -- like KDE!! -- I
> responded "no thanks" and exited.

If it just said "KDE" that wouldn't be as big a deal as it appeared.
It's a metapackage.

It is there solely to depend on other packages (like most of KDE).  It
wouldn't wipe out your KDE install. :-)  In fact the "kubuntu-desktop"
package doesn't depend on it either (or vice versa).

Open a terminal and type

		 $ apt-cache show kde

And then

		 $ apt-cache show kubuntu-desktop