Kubuntu Dapper + K3b - destroying my dvd's

Nick Sanders sandersn at bulldoghome.com
Mon May 1 18:20:24 UTC 2006

On Monday 01 May 2006 18:19, Morten Gerdsen wrote:
> Already checked - dma is enabled... :o(
> and yes - growisofs from the command line gives me the same problem -
> lots and lots of killed discs.

O.K then maybe its the the same problem I'm getting. I've noticed ide
performance problems with dapper I don't get coasters but with Breezy I could
burn DVDs at x8 no problem but with dapper I can only manage x5 or x6.

Someone was having similar problems with Fedora see :

http://www.ussg.iu.edu/hypermail/linux/kernel/0604.1/0046.html
http://www.ussg.iu.edu/hypermail/linux/kernel/0604.1/0712.html

I've been too lazy to investigate further, if you get any answers let me know.

Nick