[kubuntu-users] Re: Stuff from kcontrol missing in System Settings

Scott listboi at angrykeyboarder.com
Mon May 1 06:07:05 UTC 2006

Jonathan Riddell wrote:

> Theme manager is excluded from System Settings because it is
> essentially an application in itself.

More so than other applets in System Settings?

> I'd be happy to have it
> included if we patched it to stop it having the buttons to launch
> colour/widget/window style within itself.

Why are those a problem?  If one wants to create a theme it's convenient
to have everything they need right in front of them.  Yes the controls
are redundant but 1/3 of KDE is redundant. ;-)

Speaking of "missing" items.  I know you wanted to make Konqueror more
"simple" than the regular setup, but in doing so, you've eliminated the
other view profile from the menu (or I'm just too dumb to find them. ;-).

I'm thinking next time I install KDE I'll Install Ubuntu first (which I
typically do anyway) and then "apt-get install kde" instead of "apt-get
install kubuntu-desktop". :-)

--
	Scott
www.angrykeyboarder.com