Repository error

Mitch Thompson mitchthompson at satx.rr.com
Fri Mar 31 12:57:05 BST 2006

Before I go and file a bug report, I wanted to ask here if it was truly
a bug, or just me with a bad case of CR disease.

If I uncomment the line

deb-src http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ breezy-updates main restricted

in /etc/apt/sources.list, I get the following error(s)

Ign http://us.archive.ubuntu.com breezy/main Sources

Get:8 http://us.archive.ubuntu.com breezy/main Sources [305kB]
99% [8 Sources gzip 0]
gzip: stdin: not in gzip format
Err http://us.archive.ubuntu.com breezy/main Sources
  Sub-process gzip returned an error code (1)
Fetched 8B in 4s (2B/s)
Failed to fetch
http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/dists/breezy/main/source/Sources.gz
 Sub-process gzip returned an error code (1)
Reading package lists... Done
E: Some index files failed to download, they have been ignored, or old
ones used instead.

The gz file is there, and if I wget it and gunzip it, it unzips fine.

So, what is the problem?

Thanks in advance.

--
"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things; the decayed and
degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks nothing is