konqueror desktop

Vayu vayu at sklinks.com
Thu Mar 30 17:47:08 UTC 2006

On Thursday 30 March 2006 09:25, tom mdurmon wrote:
> I am running Ubuntu 5.10. I have downloaded and installed Konqueror to
> my system. I like the Konqueror desktop better than the Ubuntu.
> How do I make this my default desktop?
> thanks
> tom
>
> --

I'm assuming you meant that you downloaded and installed kubuntu-desktop.  On
the very first login screen there should be some options for Language,
Session and System.

If you choose "Session" before you login in, you will notice that you should
have a choice for "KDE".  Choose that, and then login in.  You should be
asked if you want to use this for "just this session" or "make default".  If
you choose "make default" then you will set Kubuntu as the default desktop
environment when you login.  Note, you'll still be able to go back and use
the other one if you want.