Amarok

Art Alexion art.alexion at verizon.net
Sat Mar 25 23:16:15 UTC 2006

On Saturday 25 March 2006 15:44, Alain Muls wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am using amarok for playing my mp3's but it fails to syn cwith a iPod
> Mini and an iPod 20GB. The mount command is
>
> mount /media/ipod
>
> and fstab has the following entry
>
> /dev/sdb2 /media/ipod  vfat defaults,uid=1000,gid=1000,user,noauto 0 0
>
> I can normally mount the ipod (it is done automatically). SO when I insert
> the iPod, it gets mounted, I umount it and try to select the mount command
> stated above from amarok. But in vain, amarok claims that the device cannot
> be found.
>
> Any solution??

Don't try mounting from amaroK, do it on the desktop (right click the detected
iPod) or use the 'sudo mount /dev/sb2' command.  Then from amaroK's Media
Device tab, click Connect.  That should give you the contents of the iPod.
Delete the files you want to repalce and transfer the files you want to add.

My only complaint is that amaroK doesn't monitor storage space on the iPod
(like iTunes does), and you get errors when you try to over fill it.

Also be aware that amaroK plays audio formats that are not supported on the
iPod, and won't convert them to iPod friendly formats.  It will load them on
the iPod, and they will take up space but not be playable (notably ogg and
flac).

--

Art Alexion

The attachment -- signature.asc -- is my electronic signature; no need for
alarm.
Info @

Key for signed PDFs available at
http://mysite.verizon.net/art.alexion/encryption/ArthurSAlexion.p7c