Forward: sudo

Jonathan Riddell jriddell at ubuntu.com
Tue Mar 21 11:43:39 UTC 2006

----- Forwarded message from JAMES RICHARD <buckaroo39 at verizon.net> -----

Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2006 13:58:49 -0800 (PST)
From: JAMES RICHARD <buckaroo39 at verizon.net>
Subject: sudo

   How do I change the system to more conventional without 'sudo'?
   I am using Kubuntu.
   I am more used to using 'su' for admin purposes.  And want regular
   users.
   I have gone into the users accounts and created a password for root
   but webmin still won't run.
   Also when using mysql-admin I try to assign rights to a user and it
   comes back and says duplicate name use another name......
   I think I could be able to get things going if I could just change the
   system around and get rid of the 'sudo' deal.... been using Mandrake
   for so long that I am used to doing things a certain way....