Wireless problem

James Gray james at grayonline.id.au
Mon Mar 20 00:01:41 UTC 2006

On Mon, 20 Mar 2006 10:40 am, Juan Machuca EA7FNJ wrote:
> Hi guys.
>
> Well, I describe my problem:
>
> I've got a HP ZE2241 Laptop with a Broadcom wireless card inside. I make
> the next steps to configure:
>
> 1.- ndiswrapper -i bcmwl5.inf
>
> Installing bcmwl5
> Forcing parameter IBSSGMode|0 to IBSSGMode|2
> Forcing parameter IBSSGMode|0 to IBSSGMode|2
>
> 2.- ndiswrapper -m
>
> Adding "alias wlan0 ndiswrapper" to /etc/modprobe.conf
>
> 3.- modprobe ndiswrapper
>
> I make all this steps but I can't see wlan0. Also, I can't enable eth1 that
> it's the wifi card.
>
> any idea?

Howdy!  Just a few quick questions that will help us help you :)

Are there any errors in "dmesg"?
Are there any errors in /var/log/kern.log?
What does "ifconfig -a" show?
What does "iwconfig" show?
What is in /etc/network/interfaces?
What is in /etc/network/ifstate?

Cheers,

James
--
<Flood> can I write a unix-like kernel in perl?