Newbie floppy problem

DonDashGuitar dondashguitar at gmail.com
Sat Mar 18 00:23:24 UTC 2006

I'm having fun learning to use Kubuntu 5.10

I can "mount" the floppy drive but I can't find any way to save/write
anything to it.

I've tried dragging and dropping from double panes in Konqueror and have
also tried right-clicking on a file and copying it to the mounted floppy
drive.

I can transfer files into the computer via the floppy drive but can't save
files to the drive.

I acquired the computer used and didn't check the drive before installing
Kubuntu so I can't be certain there's not a defect in the drive.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Don Crowder
http://www.don-guitar.com