[OBORONA-SPAM] Re: Automatix vs AutomatiKs

Gabriel Dragffy dragffy at yandex.ru
Sat Mar 18 17:09:14 UTC 2006

I tried this automatix on several fresh installs of breezy and was decidedly
un-impressed. It uses souerces that are unsupported, and I think they're
unsupported for a good reason. I have written two scripts that install all my
necessary codecs and the software I like using the supported repositories as
well as the slightly more unsafe univer/multiverse ones. But using this
method had caused me no grief, I;m now waiting for dapper until my KDE is
upgraded to 3.5.1. And my OO.org to 2 and firefox to 1.5.1, but they still
work OK even if they are slightly old.