rescue disk,etc.

scott sclewin at bmts.com
Mon Mar 13 20:58:10 UTC 2006

Alfred Vidrio wrote:
> The new old guy has 2 questions:
> 1. Where can I get a good rescue disk for Kubuntu?
I have never used any, but I did a quick search in synaptic and it came
up with a program called mondo.  It may be what you are looking for, I
have never used it myself.

> 2. What is the difference between kdesu and sudo command.
I read on the Ubuntu wiki that Kdesu is recommended for starting
applications in super user mode because su is suppose to cause problems,
"NEVER use sudo to start graphical programs. You should always use
gksudo or kdesu to run such programs, otherwise new login attempts may
fail..".  You can find the rest of the text at
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/RootSudo?highlight=%28kdesu%29

--
Your friend,
Scott

"The most intelligent people in the world know they are not the most intelligent person"