FTP help

DonDashGuitar dondashguitar at gmail.com
Sat Mar 11 06:25:35 UTC 2006

I've seen so many real problems go through this list for the last couple of
weeks that I'm almost embarrassed to bother you with my minor newbie
problems.

I've had Kubuntu on a 1.7 GHz HP Pavilion for about three weeks now and,
like pretty much every new Linux user, I'm trying to learn how to do
everything on the Linux box that I've always done in Windows.

I'm really having fun with it too; I had no idea just how good Linux had
become...  Wow!

I had no problems with the install and I was even able to find, download and
install a tabbed text editor (Eddi) to "pinch hit" for NoteTab.

The problem I'm having now is finding my FTP client.

Adept says that "FTP" is installed but it doesn't appear in the Kmenu and
I've been unable to find it with Konqueror.  I know there's a "find" feature
in the Konsole but "find FTP" was a bust.

I started on an Apple II+ and have used DOS machines so the command line
doesn't frighten me too badly but I'd still much prefer applications that
open a window wherein I can work.

How do I turn on FTP?

I'm used to Filezilla , is FTP going to be a good choice for me or is there
an app listed in Adept that I'd like better?

Thanking you in advance,

Don Crowder
http://www.don-guitar.com