thunderbird and firefox.. slow startup solved..

Brecht Donckels brecht.donckels at
Fri Mar 10 13:49:31 GMT 2006

Hi all,

This week I changed from Debian to Kubuntu and I installed Thunderbird
and Firefox. However, starting these applications was slow(er than in
Debian). Maybe some of you also have this problem...
I fixed it by installing the following packages through apt-get:
gdk-imlib1 gnome-bin gnome-libs-data imlib-base libart2
libgdk-pixbuf-gnome2 libgdk-pixbuf2 libglib1.2 libgnome32
libgnomesupport0 libgnomeui32 libgnorba27 libgnorbagtk0 libgtk1.2
libgtk1.2-common liborbit0 libpng10-0 libungif4g

Hope I could help some of you...

Best regards,