I Stuck - Live CD Mounts Linux Swap

lordSauron lordsauronthegreat at gmail.com
Fri Mar 10 00:02:38 GMT 2006

On 3/9/06, Harry Vorstenbosch <harry.vorstenbosch at zonnet.nl> wrote:
> Hello All,
> In my opinion if you want to delete your swap partition first boot the
> install CD and perform an install up till the partitionong part. Edit or
> delete you swap partion and/or expand the partition you need, and finally
> write the changes to disk without formatting the expandend part. You have to
> take in account that as soon you want to boot without a swap partition
> (format is swap) that your LINUX systems are booting much slower. So in fact
> you have two options.
> Delete via the install procedure the current swap, reboot and make more
> space via qparted or whatever is on your machine.
> Do all you need, via the install CD , thus delete swap edit and expand the
> EXT3 part and define another swap. Te swap has to be formatted. Reboot and
> you should have the room you want.

I found that Knoppix also has a "noswap" option when you boot it.  I
used this and it worked fine, then it told me I needed to check my
NTFS partition for errors because I had 'em.  I did that and now I'm
about to see if that worked.  If it didn't... I'm re-evaluating the
question "Why do I still have Windows?" 'cause most of my reasons have
gone away.  Right now I'm just a backup of my files and a
delete-partition away from being free of Windows, though I'm not doing
that *just* yet...  don't want to know what I'll miss that I didn't
think about.