I Stuck - Live CD Mounts Linux Swap

Harry Vorstenbosch harry.vorstenbosch at zonnet.nl
Thu Mar 9 21:00:28 UTC 2006

Hello All,
In my opinion if you want to delete your swap partition first boot the
install CD and perform an install up till the partitionong part. Edit or
delete you swap partion and/or expand the partition you need, and finally
write the changes to disk without formatting the expandend part. You have to
take in account that as soon you want to boot without a swap partition
(format is swap) that your LINUX systems are booting much slower. So in fact
you have two options.
Delete via the install procedure the current swap, reboot and make more
space via qparted or whatever is on your machine.
Do all you need, via the install CD , thus delete swap edit and expand the
EXT3 part and define another swap. Te swap has to be formatted. Reboot and
you should have the room you want.

Harry,