OOo.2 template bug

Donatas G. dgvirtual at akl.lt
Wed Mar 8 08:43:34 UTC 2006

Art Alexion wrote:
> I don't know if this is a Kubuntu or an upstream problem.
>
> OO.o2 doesn't retain imported and added templates on the available "Templates
> and Documents" dialog (New->From Templates and Documents).  It doesn't matter
> if the templates were imported using the "Organize..." dialog or added with
> "File->Templates->Save..."  Once added, the template reference in the
> "Templates and Documents" dialog may appear once, but disappears thereafter.
>
> If you use OOo for serious document construction, this bug renders OOo almost
> useless.
>
> Has anyone else experienced this?  Is it a bug with the [K]ubuntu
> implementation or upstream, too?  Fixes?

I don't have your exact problem on my work Windows mashine (OOo 2.0.1).
But I do have other problems, related to moving templates around and the
Commands > New menu entry does not work in the Organize... dialog.

I haven't tested that on my home Kubuntu, though, I will try to do that
till next morning.

Donatas