kde and 'disappeared' tty session

mollica.luca at hsr.it mollica.luca at hsr.it
Sun Mar 5 17:57:29 UTC 2006

Hi,

I have recently seen my alternative not-graphical session of KDE in
the latest Kubuntu release disappear.

After some setup on some features (WMvare workstatio, some software
for my job) that did not involve any graphical/video card issue, I
have realized that, even if the system was perfectcly stable on the
graphical session (i.e., Ctrl+Alt+F7 for KDE switching), I could not
reach any not graphcal mode on diffrerent tty consolles on other KDE
issues (i.e. Ctrl+Alt+F1, F2 ... etc etc until F7 resulted  in a blank
screen).

Unfortunatey, I was not able to look for the right advice on the web:
do you have any advice about coming back to a normal situation with
all the other non graphical sessions open on different ttys ?
Please also tell me where to look for this kind of problem and, in
case, what to attach to the next mail: it is the first time that I
meet such a thing, and the only thing I have noticed is that in /dev/
only a single tty element is present.

Thanx in advance