New comp, re-configure Breezy ?

dave s kubuntu at pusspaws.net
Sat Mar 4 11:16:11 UTC 2006

Hi all,

I am running Breezy Badger on my 700MHz PIII 256MB 5400 80GB, my new computer
is a Sempron 3500 1G ram 2 x 7200 160GB Raid 1 (its as far as my wallet would
stretch)

When I installed Breezy on my PIII it auto configured for my hardware loading
the appropreate kernel modules etc.

I can transfer the OS to the new hdd with rsync -aHvv. I know I will have to
setup the Raid, thats another issue but Is there a way to get my existing
Breezy to auto config for my new hardware or is it a case of a fresh install
and configure (gulp !)

Any advice greatly appreciated

Dave