Ubuntu vs Kubuntu Question

Jay Ridgley jridgley2 at austin.rr.com
Sat Mar 4 02:26:26 UTC 2006

Folks,

I have recently installed Ubuntu with a Gnome desktop. I am seeing
references to the KDE desktop, as well. Is this the proper list for
Ubuntu questions and support or is there another list? I have tried to
subscribe to a ubuntu list, however, as near as I can tell this is the
list it provided.

I prefer Gnome and want to continue using it. I just want to be sure I
am not bothering another group.

I have two questions:

1. Is there a stock market ticker package?

2. What tools are provided to upgrade from one release to the next?

Thanks,
Jay