[OBORONA-SPAM] Re: kde and local files

ARTHUR ALEXION art.alexion at verizon.net
Fri Mar 3 16:29:14 UTC 2006

Now I understand your problem and have seen it myself
before.  The culprit seems to be KDE's implementation
of media:/{device} that Konqueror loves, but other KDE
apps can't use.  The workaround is simple, don't
access the drive in K3b and other apps via media:/{usb
device}, but rather via /media/{usb device}.  The
latter is the default local mount point.