[OBORONA-SPAM] Unable to burn with K3B

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at gmail.com
Fri Mar 3 08:26:30 GMT 2006

On 3/2/06, Gabriel Dragffy <dragffy at yandex.ru> wrote:
> Even without you saying you have Hebrew encoded files I would have suggested
> that some files were using unsupported languages. I assume that Hebrew is
> joilet incompatible or not in the utf-8 charset. Try burning the CD using a
> different charset or filesystem if possible. The problem is probably the fact
> that since it cannot read the hewbrew it translates it as ???? and in the
> joilet system "?" isn't a valid character to use as a filename.
>
> Gabe

Thanks. The system is most certainly utf8, I had trouble with it _not_
being utf8 and made sure that it is. As for Hebrew not being joilet
compatable, I have burned many CD's in Hebrw with that-other-os using
software from Nero.

That said, I tarred up /home/user and sure enough, I was able to burn
the tar. I see in fstab this line (and yes, the burner is hdc):
/dev/hdc /media/cdrom0 udf,iso9660 user,iocharset=iso8859-8,noauto 0 0

Is it possible that I need to change that to iocharset=utf8?

Dotan Cohen
http://technology-sleuth.com