jre

Lord Sauron lordsauronthegreat at gmail.com
Fri Jun 30 17:17:23 UTC 2006

On 6/30/06, Derek Broughton <news at pointerstop.ca> wrote:
> Jose Ramon del Rio wrote:
>
> > In Configure -> Configure Konqueror  in Java  & Javascript replace the
> > path to java executable or java by :
> >
> > /usr/lib/jvm/java-1.5.0-sun-1.5.0.06/bin/java

Also check in /opt.  In my Gentoo box everything Java loves hanging
out in /opt for some odd reason.

> > if you have installed java 1.5.0.
>
> Just 'java' should do it - and then be workable when you upgrade

If it asks for a directory, I'd create a symbolic link named 'java'
pointing to the current jvm.  Then when you upgrade you could just
change the symlink and be done with it.  I often use (abuse, really)
the power of symlinks.  After windoze and the weak "shortcut," the
symlink is like playing with fire for the first time ; )  I'm having
lots of fun with it.

--
GCS d-(++) s+: a? C++ UL+>++++ P+