Kmail won't save passwords

Myriam Rita Schweingruber schweingruber at pharma-traduction.ch
Fri Jun 30 16:28:14 UTC 2006

Am Friday 30 June 2006 15:50 schrieb Dotan Cohen:
> On 30/06/06, Myriam Rita Schweingruber >
>
> > Do you use Kwallet ?
>
> The very first time I checked my email with Kmail, I was confronted
> with Kwallet. I gave it a master password. That was with the one
> account that _does_ check without asking for a password. Should I
> enable it for the other accounts? I somehow thought that it would
> automatically save those, as well via some integration with Kmail.
>
> How do I add the other accounts to Kwallet?

AFAIR, it should normally be opened when you launch KDE. Kwallet only stores
passwords if its open, so make sure there is an open wallet. The master
password only gives access to the main wallet file, you can
make "sub-wallets": I did this for various password types like POP passwords
in one wallet, website passwords in an other, and so on.
You can find the doc for Kwallet here if it is not already on your system:
http://docs.kde.org/stable/en/kdeutils/kwallet/index.html

Greets, Myriam

--
FSF Europe fellow #304
Protect your freedom, join the Fellowship of FSFE!