Copying files from konqueror

Leticia Hernández aikurn at gmail.com
Tue Jun 27 11:47:02 UTC 2006

2006/6/26, Dotan Cohen <dotancohen at gmail.com>:

> I have a portable MP3 player that has the horrible habit of playing
> songs in the order that they were copied to the device, not the order
> that the ID3 tags suggest nor alphabetical order of the file names.

My MP3 player behaves the same way even though it handles ID3 tags.

Any suggestions? I don't rule out a bash script to move the files, but
> I don't know bash. Are there any alternative file managers that might
> do this? Nautilus/ Midnight Commander? If anybody has these installed
> I'd appreciate if you'd check thier behaviour, as I don't want to
> install each and every file manager just to check this. Thanks, all.

I use Amarok 1.4 to copy files to the device and it works flawlessly. It's
very simple, just drag&drop the files that you want to transfer. And it even
creates folders for diferent artists or albums if you want to.

Good luck,
Leticia.