Problem with network

Gianluca Gasperini gluca_gasperini at yahoo.it
Mon Jun 26 10:54:56 BST 2006

Do you think that the broblem can be a conflick with the graphic server KDE and using gnome or another xServer can be solved?

Andreas Ruppen <andreas.ruppen at gmail.com> ha scritto:  Hi
> during the loading of operating sistem the messag says that the network is
> ok
so i assume that the network-service starts?

> and on the setting of Control panel I can see that the network
> interface work good.
i further assume that the network interface works (what does ifconfig show)?

> What can I do?
I don't see the problem (network-service is starting and network card is
working)? Could you rephrase your question and do following test?
Can you ping localhost?
Can you ping your router?
Can you ping other hosts in your lan?
Can you ping a hostname (expl www.google.com)?
Can you ping ip-adresses (66.249.85.99)?