Partition and Sound problem in Kubuntu 6.06

Sundar sundar261 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 26 00:49:27 UTC 2006

Hi,

I have installed KUbuntu 6.06 on my Lenovo 3000 N100 Laptop.

1.  I am unable to play sound.  From KUbuntu wiki site
(https://wiki.kubuntu.org/LaptopTestingTeam/Lenovo3000N100?highlight=%28lenovo%29%7C%28n100%29)
found that there is a work around to enable sound.  I had added the line
mentioned in my /etc/modprobe.d/options file.  But still I am unable to
get any sound.

Has anyone been able to configure sound on Lenovo N100.  Is there any
more steps that need to be done after adding the lines? Am I missing
anything?? Any pointers would be very helpful

2.  When I partitioned my disk during installation, I tried creating
multiple partitions.  While doing so ended up with around 1GB of disk
space which is shown as free but I am unable format it fat/ext3/Linux
swap.  I did not understand why that space is shown as free but not
available for use.  Is there a way to recover the lost disk space?

Regards,
Sundar