Super Block and Fsck

Richard E. Barmann reb68 at bellsouth.net
Sun Jun 25 11:28:41 UTC 2006

I had a 20G drive for Linux and a 10G drive for WindowsXP. I swaped the 20G
for and 80G drive and moved all files over. When I replaced the 10G (Windows)
drive and booted up to Linux I get___
Fsck :Ext3 Bad Magic number in SuperBlock while trying to open /dev/hdb1.
SuperBlock could not be read or does not discribe correct fxt2 file system.
If device alid & contains ext2 and not swap then Super is corrupt. Try
running e2fsck with an alternate device  E2FSCK  -b 8193
_____ By typing "exit" it will carry on loading and all seems to be correct.
At this time the 10G (Windows XP ) drive will not boot as it shows an error
k\in Grub tho it has not changed.
--
Dick Barmnn
http://www.barmannsbar.com