Screensaver not starting

Richard Crawford rscrawford at mossroot.com
Sat Jun 24 06:22:53 BST 2006

On Friday 23 June 2006 22:07, Nigel Ridley wrote:
> I have a hotch-poch of computers and after upgrading them to Dapper and
> then to KDE 3.5.3 the screen saver doesn't start anymore on any of them.
>
> I have tried playing around with various settings including the 'power
> save' settings but still the screen saver doesn't start.
>
> Anybody else notice this and is there a fix?

Hi, Nigel.

This is a known bug in KDE 3.5.3.  I think an official fix has been released,
but it hasn't been patched in Kubuntu yet.

I found a fix here:

http://kubuntuforums.net/forums/index.php?topic=6212.0

Hint: once you've downloaded the new libkdeinit_kdesktop.so file, make sure
you make it executable.  Also be sure to back up the files that you'll be
replacing.

AIM: Buffalo2K / GTalk: underpope at gmail.com
Skype: underpope
"Personal is not the same as important."
                                  -Carrot Ironfounderson