How to disable root account?

Freddie Cash fcash-ml at sd73.bc.ca
Wed Jun 21 17:20:02 BST 2006

On Wed, June 21, 2006 5:32 am, Derek Broughton wrote:
> Joe Hart wrote:
>> I prefer the standard linux way of having a root account, and when
>> apps ask for the root password, that is what they get.  Why other
>> would KDE be asking for the root password when you type kdesu
>> command?

> I don't follow - kdesu has _never_ asked me for a root password. When
> apps ask for a root password, I'm sure that's what they'd get, but
> none of my apps ever ask for a root password. -- derek

kdesu as shipped with KDE asks for the root password.  You have the
option to change it to ask for the user's password.

kdesu as shipped with Kubuntu asks for the user's password.  Not sure
if you have the option to change it to ask for the root password or
not.

----
Freddie Cash, LPCI-1 CCNT CCLP        Helpdesk / Network Support Tech.
School District 73                    (250) 377-HELP [377-4357]
fcash-ml at sd73.bc.ca