Intall from grub

Gary W. Swearingen garys at opusnet.com
Mon Jun 19 15:59:04 UTC 2006

"Dotan Cohen" <dotancohen at gmail.com> writes:

> As I'm having problems installing from one of my optical drives, I set
> the other drive to be bootable and put the install media in it. But,
> instead of sending me to the install screen, I am given a grub boot
> prompt. What must I type at such a prompt to get the disc loading?

Unlikely:  Your media isn't an install media, but a grub media.

Likely: A previous install attempt installed a grub boot loader on
a hard disk and that is booting instead of your optical drive.  So
either you didn't configure the BIOS to boot from optical or the
optical is broken or the optical media is broken so it can boot.
You should be able to determine which by listening and watching
msgs and drive lights, etc.