usb mp3player doesn't automount

polariscorp at free.fr polariscorp at free.fr
Mon Jun 19 15:04:37 BST 2006

======= news at pointerstop.ca - 19/06/2006 14:34:16 =======

>Bjarne Wichmann Petersen wrote:
>
>> On Friday 16 June 2006 20:41, John DeCarlo wrote:
>>
>>> Here is some advice that may help.  It relates to changes in the new KDE
>>> handling of USB devices.  These changes aren't picked up if you upgrade
>>> to Dapper.
>>>
>>> ===========
>>> For Expert Users ONLY: If you want to manually tweak your system, you
>>> need to delete the files medianotifierrc, if it exists, and kdesktoprc in
>>> ~/.kde/share/config. We also recommend that you delete kickerrc, but that
>>> may not be necessary
>>> ===========
>>
>> Well, this didn't work for me. :-/
>>
>Where did this horrible advice come from?  You might just as well have
>suggested "rm /etc/* -r" while you're at it!  (No kids, don't do this at
>home...).  Even if it works, it's an ugly, Windowsish, work-around and it
>will result in deleting a LOT of useful stuff from kdesktoprc when it
>clearly should only require removing a couple of sections (there's not
>likely much in medianotifierrc).
>--
>derek
>

>--

For sure it's awfull.... but this automount issue looks like with no solution. i've seen a lots of threads with this 'icon on desktop, but no automount' bugs.

In fact i live pretty well without it (i can pmount or rightclic) but i do not like going back, it worked under breezy but not under dapper (in fact i also found on another computer that it disappeared afte
r upgrading breezy with kde 3.5.2) AND what i do not like is  not to understand....

Any help appreciate thanks.

Stephane
polariscorp at free.fr
19/06/2006 - 15:59:26