Installer hanging

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at gmail.com
Mon Jun 19 12:08:06 BST 2006

I cannot install DD to my P4 256MB RAM machine. The machine previously
had Breezy installed and I just erased FC5. Note that the Breezy
install was on a different hard disk though: Breezy was on a 40GB WD
disk that is now hdb and hda now is a 160GB disk partitioned into
/boot swap / /home /home/user/pictures /home/user/video1
/home/user/video2. They are all ext3 partitions except for the swap
partition.

The disks are installed such that the 160GB unit is on the end of the
ribbon and jumpered to Master and the 40GB unit is in the middle of
the ribbon and jumpered to Slave.

The installer hangs at 48% or 34% depending on which install option I
select. I am installing from the alternative disk. Any advise would be
most helpful. Thanks in advance.

Dotan Cohen
http://what-is-what.com