How up to date are the repositories?

Richard Crawford rscrawford at mossroot.com
Sat Jun 17 19:36:30 UTC 2006

On Saturday 17 June 2006 12:24, Christopher J. Bottaro wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm moments away from switching from Fedora Core 3/4 to Kubuntu-6.06.  I
> have one last reservation and question I need answered.  How up to date are
> the repositories?  I like my packages pretty much completely up to date.
>
> Two things I noticed about the current repos:
> Firefox-1.5.0.4 (up to date, good)
> KDE-3.5.2 (not up to date, bad)
>
> Typically how long does it take after a new version of something is
> released until it shows up in the Kubuntu/Ubuntu repositories?

Not long at all, typically.  In fact, the KDE 3.5.3 packages *are* available
for Kubuntu, but you need to update your sources list according to the
directions available right on the Kubuntu home page.  :)

AIM: Buffalo2K / GTalk: underpope at gmail.com
Skype: underpope
"You can't trust your judgement if your imagination is out of focus."
-Mark Twain