STRANGE NETWORK PROBLEM

Art Alexion art.alexion at verizon.net
Wed Jun 14 15:31:07 BST 2006

On Wednesday 14 June 2006 09:39, Stratos Laspas wrote:
> Art Alexion wrote:
> > On Wednesday 14 June 2006 03:53, Stratos Laspas wrote:
> >> 6) I use firestarter as firewall
> >
> > Most routers have built in firewalls.  Are they clashing?
>
> Thanks for the reply. Yes, the Zyxel has a built-in firewall. I will try
> disabling it and check again. The thing is that there was never before a
> clash between them. And how does this fit with the fact that when I
> restart the network, I have access again, but then it fails again? I
> can't figure this out.

Just a thought, as I just got one of those things myself (Actiontec), and the
manual doesn't recommend running the internal firewall and a software
firewall on the client computers.  I turned off the Actiontec firewall as it
was less configurable than the one on my computer.

As for why it takes some time for a problem to occur, it may be that it works
fine until something triggers both firewalls incompatibly.

Art Alexion
Arthur S. Alexion LLC

alarm.
Info @