Internal modem on HP nx9030

Derek derekmailbox at gmail.com
Wed Jun 14 06:14:47 UTC 2006

Hi all, I'm checking the hardware detection on my laptop with the Kubuntu
6.06 live CD before installing it. I had couple of issues which maybe
someone can help me with.

- The Wireless NIC is working properly BUT I lost the ability of turn it on
or off with the side button on my laptop and the led which tells you if it
is on or off is not working neither (this is very important to me since I
travel often by plane where the use of wireless devices is forbidden and
useless ;) )

- I can't figure out even how to try to install my built in 56k modem which
is very important to me bacause I travel often to places where it is my only
chance to get an internet connection.

I'll appreciate any help on that ones, I've experience with Linux but
regarding servers, however, I never needed to install hardware on a Linux
before.

Thank you!