Some CDs not mounting

Christian Fröbel cfroebel at web.de
Mon Jun 12 11:47:24 UTC 2006

Hey Grzesiek (huh, how do you pronounce that:)

I cannot help you. But maybe my problem is related to yours:

I have mounting problems, too, but so far only with udf-formatted DVDRAM
media. Sometimes they can be mounted, sometimes not (even the same
medium). If a medium cannot be mounted it goes like this: I insert the
medium (it starts spinning as usual -- and not for an infinite time). A
short time later the KDE-dialog appears, asking me what to do with it. At
the same time an icon appears on the desktop. But only for a very short
time, then the icon disappears again. If I select "Open in new Window" in
the KDE-dialog. The filemanager opens, saying something like "malformed
URL", or such. Strange.

cheers,
  Christian