Compiling exiv2 from source

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at gmail.com
Mon Jun 12 10:10:17 UTC 2006

On 11/06/06, Tez <binary_y2k2 at blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
> Dotan Cohen wrote:
> > I did not pass any options. Also, the problem is dependancies, so the
> > options that you had suggested don't help in this case.
> >
> > Dotan Cohen
> > http://gmail-com.com
> >
> Sorry for not replying for a while,
> I asked about what options you passed to configure because i saw the
> error saying: "in the prefix, you've chosen, are no KDE headers
> installed.". when ./configure looks for the KDE headers it usually looks
> in /usr/share/kde or somewhere like that,
> so if you pass an option like "--prefix=/usr --includedir=/usr/include"
> it should look in the right place.
> If you want to make sure you do have the kde headers installed check if
> you have /usr/include/kde/ksharedptr.h
> if you do and configure fails then you can try with the options I've sed
> or delete the kphotoalbum directory and unpack it again.
>
> Tez

No problem, Tez. I appreciate your time and advise- never any hurry!

I've given up on the plugings. Now, I just want KPA. When I configure
with no options, it works, but I get this on make:
--snip--
-DQT_CAST_NO_ASCII  -MT imageloader.o -MD -MP -MF
".deps/imageloader.Tpo" -c -o imageloader.o imageloader.cpp; \
then mv -f ".deps/imageloader.Tpo" ".deps/imageloader.Po"; else rm -f
".deps/imageloader.Tpo"; exit 1; fi
/usr/share/qt3/include/qcstring.h:331: internal compiler error:
Segmentation fault
Please submit a full bug report,
See <URL:http://gcc.gnu.org/bugs.html> for instructions.
For Debian GNU/Linux specific bug reporting instructions,
see <URL:file:///usr/share/doc/gcc-4.0/README.Bugs>.
make[3]: *** [imageloader.o] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory
`/home/dotancohen/Desktop/KPhotoAlbum/kphotoalbum-2.2-noi18n/src'
make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory
`/home/dotancohen/Desktop/KPhotoAlbum/kphotoalbum-2.2-noi18n/src'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory
`/home/dotancohen/Desktop/KPhotoAlbum/kphotoalbum-2.2-noi18n'
make: *** [all] Error 2

I'm not about to file a GCC bug as I'm pretty sure that the problem is
me, not GCC! When I try to configure with the options that you had
suggested I get this:
dotancohen at ety:~/Desktop/KPhotoAlbum/kphotoalbum-2.2-noi18n$
./configure --prefix=/usr --libexecdir=/usr/lib --sysconfdir=/etc
--infodir=/usr/share/info --mandir=/usr/share/man --datadir=/usr/share
--snip--
checking for xgettext... /usr/bin/xgettext
checking if C++ programs can be compiled... no
configure: error: Your Installation isn't able to compile simple C++ programs.
Check config.log for details - if you're using a Linux distribution
you might miss
a package named similar to libstdc++-dev.

But I cannot find any package named libstdc++-dev. I then tried to
configure with the latest options that you mentioned, but the machine
crashes on make (happened twice).

Dotan Cohen
http://what-is-what.com
6334