Monitor non recognised.

David Bell grimpen at wife-2cats-and.me.uk
Sun Jun 11 15:10:55 BST 2006

On Sunday 11 June 2006 14:28, Rocco Barbini wrote:

> I fear it didn't work. I entered Konqueror as root with kdesu and I
> modified that file and a lot of similar ones (xorg.conf, xorg.conf1,
> xorg.conf2, xorg.conf3, xorg.conf4, xorg.conf5). I deleted every
> recurrence of 640x480, but nothing changed. Same problems as before.

I'm afraid that you need to edit the file /etc/x11/xorg.conf with an editor,
not Konqueror, as described; then save the file.  The section should  appear
something like this:  (Your "Device" being different of course ;-) )

Section "Screen"
	Identifier	"Default Screen"
	Device		"S3 Inc. VT8636A [ProSavage KN133] AGP4X VGA Controller (TwisterK)"
	Monitor		"Generic Monitor"
	DefaultDepth	16
	SubSection "Display"
		Depth		1