Dapper and wpa_supplicant

Mitch Thompson mitchthompson at satx.rr.com
Sun Jun 11 14:08:17 UTC 2006

Matthew Kuiken wrote:

> You might try installing network-manager and network-manager-kde.  I do
> not know how much RAM it will take up to try to install it while using
> the live CD, but network-manager does great with my WPA2 network on an
> IPW2200.  I didn't even need to do anything other than enter the
> passphrase.
>
> BTW, I use gnome, and read this list because it interests me.  I do not
> know how well network-manager-kde works, but I hope it does as well as
> its gnome counterpart.  It is just a front-end, so I hope that the
> differences are minor.
>
> -Matt

Thank you for pointing this out.  Not sure why I never found it in my
Synaptic searches for "wireless", etc.  My goal of a totally wireless
home network is well on its way. ;&)

--
"An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have
 to back up his acts with his life." —Robert Heinlein

--
Mitch Thompson, San Antonio, Texas//WB5UZG
Red Hat Certified Engineer