problems with fish:/ (garbage collection)

cliff1976 kubuntu at cliff1976.com
Sun Jun 11 01:16:21 UTC 2006

Hi all,

I love how easy it is to browse/read/edit remote files using Konqueror and
fish.  However, my web hosting company just told me that it's causing
hundreds of zombie processes and thus a drain on their resources.

This is the first I've heard of this.  I've been using fish:/ to
browse/read/write remote files for almost a year (starting with Hoary, then
Breezy, and now Dapper).  I would love to hear any others' experiences on
this topic.

For now, my web host has suggested I report this behavior as a bug to the
developers; I've asked them for some specifics, but have nothing (yet) to
report.

Can anyone recommend any other remote development tools I can run within
KDE?  I'll hate to fall back to using vim for all my coding and scp for my
individual file transfers.  I'll miss Kate terrribly.  :-(

Thanks in advance for any advice.
Cliff