Upgrading a Mepis system

Tez binary_y2k2 at blueyonder.co.uk
Tue Jun 6 01:35:43 UTC 2006

HarryG wrote:
> I am currently running Mepis and need to switch to Kubuntu.  Can I upgrade and
> keep my /home directory, or is it best to backup and do a fresh install?
>

> TIA
>
> Harry G
I would definitely suggest you backup the /home dir and do a fresh install.
You could try to upgrade directly (still backup though), but you may find it
much easier, in terms of configuration and dependency issues, to do a fresh
install. I think it really depends what you have in your source.lst, if
it's
Debian repository's you may run in to issues, if its Ubuntu (like I
think the
new/next version will be) it shouldn't be too hard.

Tez