X errors under Dapper 6.06

Alan Bowden alanb at adsmr.co.za
Mon Jun 5 14:46:50 UTC 2006

Thanks Terence for the response.
I tried the fsck, but that is unfortunately not the solution in my case.

> I am running Dapper Drake 6.06 and using KDE under kubuntu. It is a beta 2 upgraded via apt-get and is
> up to date with the latest repositories available as of this morning ( 2 June).
>
> For most applications that open up a window I get the following errors (when run from a terminal):
>
> 	X Error: BadDevice, invalid or uninitialized input device 169
> 		Major opcode:   147
> 		Minor opcode:   3
> 	Failed to open device
> 	X Error: BadDevice, invalid or uninitialized input device 169
> 		Major opcode:   147
> 		Minor opcode:   3
> 		Resource id:   0x0
> 	Failed to open device
>
> The errors have been occuring for some time and don't seem to have any adverse effect,
> but are somewhat annoying.

I had this a while ago, it was fixed when I ran fsck.
You can only run it on an unmounted partition so you can either do it by
remounting read-only, or an easier way is to shutdown & restart with the
-F option.
e.g. sudo shutdown -r -F now

Terence Simpson