No sound when no internet

Gabriel Dragffy dragffy at yandex.ru
Sat Jun 3 04:38:04 UTC 2006

I have a weird problem.... I connect to the internet via a DSL modem connected
to the ethernet socket on my laptop. I configure internet using PPPOECONF.
However if I am not connected to the internet, i.e. I take my laptop away or
the modem is switched off I cannot hear sound. Even a reboot doesn't help. Of
course all volume adjustments etc are on and the solution is to reconnect to
the internet. The behaviour was not apparant in Breezy, only in this Dapper.