Kubuntu 6.06 LTS Here for the Long Term

Dave S kubuntu at pusspaws.net
Fri Jun 2 07:44:20 UTC 2006

On Friday 02 June 2006 05:12, Patrick Vossen wrote:
> Jonathon,
>
> I ordered the cd to have the latest Kubuntu version.
> However, it sounds like from your email that I can
> just change my adept repositories to dapper and install
> the upgrade without the cd or download. Am I correct
> in this assumption?
>

> Much Thanks,
> Patrick Vossen

I did the following

sudo vi  /etc/apt/sources.list
:% s/breezy/dapper/g ... ie change all instances of breezy to dapper

sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get dist-upgrade

and wait :)

It worked great for me YMMV, backup any vital data first, I have never had a
problem but best to be safe this is a major upgrade

Good Luck

Dave