Windows key to launch apps

Howard Coles Jr. dhcolesj at gmail.com
Sun Jul 30 01:57:40 UTC 2006

On Friday 28 July 2006 1:10 pm, marc wrote:
> MLA said...

> > > Have you tried katapult?  <alt>+<space> then start typing the app name.
> > > When katapult correctly has guessed the app, hit <enter>.
> > >
> > > To configure katapult, hit <Ctrl>+c when katapult first materializes.
> >
> >     For keyboard shortcuts, go to the Control Center, Regional &
> > Accessibility, Keyboard Shortcuts. With the second tab, Command
> > Shortcuts, you can assign keyboard shortcuts to launch individual
> > programs.
>
> Unfortunately, the previous poster snipped the most important part of
> the OP.
>
> "I'd like to replicate this on Kubuntu, but when I use the Win key as a
> "Window Shortcut" in the app or "Keyboard Shortcut/Command Shortcut" via
> Control Centre/Regional.../Global Schemes nothing happens.
>
> Oddly, using the Win key for Global Shortcuts in Control
> Centre/Regional... works fine.
>
> Anyone know the trick?"
 Kind of as a follow up, I tried setting Win+F to open Firefox and it works
just fine.  If you set the shortcut to custom, and then while the first or
primary is highlighted, hit Win+F (that is win and f and the same time, then
hit OK and then click apply before closing the panel it works.

Of course, I'm not going through kcontrol, I'm going through the system
settings icon in the K menu.

--
See Ya'
Howard Coles Jr.