Windows key to launch apps

Howard Coles Jr. dhcolesj at gmail.com
Sun Jul 30 01:47:32 UTC 2006

On Friday 28 July 2006 1:10 pm, marc wrote:
> MLA said...

> > > Have you tried katapult?  <alt>+<space> then start typing the app name.
> > > When katapult correctly has guessed the app, hit <enter>.
> > >
> > > To configure katapult, hit <Ctrl>+c when katapult first materializes.
> >
> >     For keyboard shortcuts, go to the Control Center, Regional &
> > Accessibility, Keyboard Shortcuts. With the second tab, Command
> > Shortcuts, you can assign keyboard shortcuts to launch individual
> > programs.
>
> Unfortunately, the previous poster snipped the most important part of
> the OP.
>
> "I'd like to replicate this on Kubuntu, but when I use the Win key as a
> "Window Shortcut" in the app or "Keyboard Shortcut/Command Shortcut" via
> Control Centre/Regional.../Global Schemes nothing happens.
>
> Oddly, using the Win key for Global Shortcuts in Control
> Centre/Regional... works fine.
>
> Anyone know the trick?"

I'm not sure on this but this could be because the the key combo is already
assigned to something else.

I tried <win>+f and kontact opened up a new message window for me to forward
this message to someone else.  So, you may need to "unassign" they key combo
from another purpose, and then reassign it to the one you want?

Again, I'm not sure, but you might look into this.

--
See Ya'
Howard Coles Jr.

http://risenbooks.com Christian bookstore