Windows key to launch apps

marc gmane at auxbuss.com
Fri Jul 28 18:10:49 UTC 2006

MLA said...
> On Friday 28 July 2006 11:33, Art Alexion wrote:
> > On Wednesday 26 July 2006 15:29, marc wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > On Windows, I use AutoHotKey to launch apps - mice! who needs 'em?
> > >
> > > Most of the shortcuts are of the form Win+<character>
> > >
> > > Win+F = Firefox
> > > Win+V = vim
> > >
> > > and so on.
> > >
> > > I'd like to replicate this on Kubuntu,
> >
> > Have you tried katapult?  <alt>+<space> then start typing the app name.
> > When katapult correctly has guessed the app, hit <enter>.
> >
> > To configure katapult, hit <Ctrl>+c when katapult first materializes.
>
>     For keyboard shortcuts, go to the Control Center, Regional &
> Accessibility, Keyboard Shortcuts. With the second tab, Command Shortcuts,
> you can assign keyboard shortcuts to launch individual programs.

Unfortunately, the previous poster snipped the most important part of
the OP.

"I'd like to replicate this on Kubuntu, but when I use the Win key as a
"Window Shortcut" in the app or "Keyboard Shortcut/Command Shortcut" via
Control Centre/Regional.../Global Schemes nothing happens.

Oddly, using the Win key for Global Shortcuts in Control
Centre/Regional... works fine.

Anyone know the trick?"

--
Best,