help with bash tab completion behavior

Art Alexion art.alexion at verizon.net
Tue Jul 25 01:25:56 UTC 2006

On Friday 21 July 2006 16:07, Christopher J. Bottaro wrote:
> > This is a matter of choice, not a bug.  To change it, you have to
> > edit /etc/bash_completion
>
> I know I have to edit /etc/bash_completion, but have you looked
> at that file??  It's pretty big!  ..and I don't understand 90% of it!  I
> was hoping for a more direct answer.

You are going to have to Google bash_completion for a more direct answer.  For
me, now, it just works.  I know that at some time, in some prior version of
Ubuntu, bash completion did not work for kdesu file parameters, and I found
an answer.  I Googled for it.

Art Alexion
Arthur S. Alexion LLC

alarm.