KMail and spam

Ron Morse rmorse32 at comcast.net
Sun Jul 23 13:06:42 UTC 2006

On Sunday 23 July 2006 05:14, Bjarne Wichmann Petersen
wrote:
> Hi
>
> I've set up KMail with spamassasin to fight spam, but I'm
> not very happy about it's efficiency. It only flags about
> 40-50% of the spam as spam. I've configured spamassassin
> with razor2 and dcc.
>
> Is this the best I can hope for or have I done something
> wrong in configuring spamassassin?
>
> Bjarne

Doesn't Spamassassin have to be "trained?" I use bogofilter
now, but back in the day I remember that I periodically had
to run SA against accumulated stores of "spam" and "ham,"
after which its accuracy improved significantly. I'm sorry
I can't be more precise, but the information should not be
hard to find.

RBM